During COVID-19, availability of Federal Hill Photography, LLC’s products and services will vary to ensure client safety and adhere to required regulations. Those products or services currently unavailable will be labelled as such on this website. Please check this website often for the most up to date availability.
With Maryland at phase 2 of reopening, I’m again able to offer headshots. The health and safety of my clients remains paramount. I’m continuing to follow the pandemic guidance of federal, state, and local authorities and have implemented the following policies and procedures to reduce risk:⠀
- All shoots shall occur outside. I’ve always been optimized for travel, so I’m happy to travel to a location convenient to you.
- I’ll be wearing a mask at all times during the shoot. ⠀
- I’ll be maintaining a minimum 6ft distance at all times during the shoot. ⠀
- While clients have no reason to touch my equipment, I’ll be bringing sanitizing wipes to every shoot just in case. ⠀
- Summer is here. Whether it’s one or many people to photograph, I’ll work with you to ensure a process that keeps everyone as cool as possible.
Please request a free quote.
I’m the lone artist in a family of STEM professionals, but this is not without its benefits. From an early age, I was taught the importance of distilling useful information from noise. Useful information can suggest a course of action, reduce anxiety, and provide hope. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, I hope to provide you with some useful information about my business’ response to COVID-19 and information on how to manage the situation.
Federal Hill Photography, LLC’s response to COVID-19
- Professional Photography Services – I’ve temporarily closed all in-person professional photography services such as headshots and event photography until further notice. I’ll be monitoring government agencies as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization to determine when it’s safe to reopen these services.
- Fine Art Photography Gallery – My online gallery will remain open and accepting orders. All orders are shipped directly to you from my print vendor, who is also enacting precautions in response to COVID-19 . Per a statement from my print vendor:
- “…we are closely following the COVID-19 situation as it continues to develop.”
- “For weeks we have been taking every precaution possible to prevent this virus from circulating, and have been successful in keeping our workforce safe and healthy.”
- “…we will be keeping only essential staff on-site to keep minimum basic operations running, and will be practicing Social Distancing as recommended by the CDC.”
- Please note that, since my print vendor is keeping only essential staff on-site, orders may take longer than normal to produce.
Useful Information on COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) page on COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO) page on COVID-19
- Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC) business impact survey
- If you’re a Baltimore business, please fill out this survey. The BDC is using this information to coordinate business resources with state and federal agencies.
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA) article on US COVID-19 legislation and financial resources
- This article indicates additional legislation is being developed that includes relief for small businesses affected by COVID-19. Family First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201), referred to in this article, has been signed in to law.
- Links at the bottom for information on accounting for the COVID-19 impact in taxes, managing the personal financial impact, and finding financial assistance programs currently available on state and federal level.
- MD Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (MDVLA) crowdsourced resources about assistance for artists in coping with the impact of COVID-19.
- Make sure your wipes and towels are truly flushable – Many are not, despite labels to the contrary, and could cause significant damage to a municipality’s sewage system.
- This article and this article provides hope that much smarter minds than I are working towards treatments and cures for COVID-19.
Once more ’round the sun: Federal Hill Photography, LLC turns 7
Federal Hill Photography, LLC turned 7 in July. I thought it a great opportunity to look back on the last 12 months.
The last 12 months have brought a variety of interesting projects, including events, headshots, and product photography. Thank you to my clients for the opportunity to work with you. I’m honored you’ve put your trust in me to deliver the images you need. I continually strive to deliver images that:
- tell an exciting story that helps my clients connect with their communities of leads and prospects
- are highly unique, leaving a lasting impression that sets my clients above their competitors
- are consistent quality, ensuring return clients know exactly what to expect each time
Reviews Requested, Event Photography Pitfalls, Photo Services Expansion
Thank you to all my clients who have left a recommendation on LinkedIn. I’m grateful for the feedback and LinkedIn reviews are always welcome. As my business has expanded, so has my marketing reach. Potential customers are now finding me on Facebook and Google. And the presence of Facebook and Google reviews is a major influence on their decision. I’d greatly appreciate a review from you on my Facebook Page or Google Business Page. If you’ve already left me a LinkedIn recommendation, you may simply copy it to Facebook or Google. It’s never too late to leave a review.
Phase 2 of Brand Update Complete, Holiday Photography, PPA membership
Phase 2 of Brand Update is complete
I’ve completed configuring, testing, and rolling out e-commerce features at fedhillphoto.com. Next, I’ll be continuing to populate the online store with my fine art photos.
Below is a brief rundown of significant new e-commerce features:
Phase 1 of Brand Update is Complete
I’m thrilled to announce that phase 1 of Federal Hill Photography LLC’s brand update is complete. I’ve consolidated content to the four online properties below. Most noteworthy changes are implemented on my website. I invite you to check them out and feedback is always welcome: